Re: ibm ServeRaid 7t

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:04:25 +0100, Tomaz Kravcar
<tomaz.kravcar@rsklan.com> wrote:

> I am trying for a week now to make debian work with ibm ServeRaid 7t
> sata kontroler but without success. I was told there should be a source
> code for 2.4 kernel on cd but if I search for *.c or *.h there is nothing
> useful. Since i am a total beginner on this subject I would realy
> aprichiate
> for some guidance.

Perhaps it's just not autodetected properly. I use debian with
serveraid, and have not had any problems (not 7t, though). ServeRaid
is supported in the ips kernel module, so try to run the command

# modprobe ips

and see if that helps. As far as I know, it is distributed with the
debian kernels.

Ketil Froyn
ketil@froyn.name
http://ketil.froyn.name/