Re: How to publish CMYK EPS on the web?

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 10:29 +0100, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 21.01.2005, 18:22 +0100 schrieb Piotr Kopszak:
>
> > Obviuosly Image Magick fails miserably in that regard.
>
> You should ask on the ImageMagick-Users mailinglist. It looks like a lot
> of people use colormanagement with IM - it is a bit tricky, but works.
>
> In my company we don't use colormanagement. I personally thinks CM makes
> everything worse. The good old method: Avoid CM, make proofs, correct
> colors by values and not by "How it looks on my calibrated(TM) monitor"
> and finally manipulate colors on the offset printer.

I used to work at a company that worked that way. Quality was half what
it should have been and it took three times a long to get anything done.
In three years I couldn't get the entire processing chain calibrated
once {due mostly to folk that didn't feel it was necessary and weren't
willing to take the time required to do it.} Everything aside from the
digital and some photo-processing got done by eye and most of the time
the quality suffered horribly. {To my chagrin.}

I don't think you can get away with no color management. I think it's
essential. What matters in the long run is the quality of the final
product.

--
http://www.RTaylor-Design.Com