Re: Can I partition a disk and make it bootable for windows from linux?

On Saturday 22 January 2005 09:00, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> > Second,
> >    sfdisk -l /dev/hdd
> > gives me a warning about a linux partition not being aligned to a
> > cylinder head and that this could cause problems because linux will
> > interpret it one way and windows will interpret it another. How do I
> > correct this, preferably without losing data?
>
> Dunno.  Possibly with parted, but it might not be able to move the start of
> the partition depending what type of filesystem you've got in it.

I have this same thing. Those partitions were legal according to Hoyle.
Something changed them.

I have lived with this condition with no problems but would like to fix it.
Anyway, Linux can read/write them all with no problems. Windows works with
its partition and does not need or touch the others. Tools like
PartitionMagic and QTParted, however, will no longer work.