Re: How can I get my sound to come back after boot? Modules?

> There are plenty of reasons your problem could occur. First, make sure
> the following packages are installed in the latest available version:
>
> alsa-base
> alsa-oss
> alsa-utils

Okay, I installed alsa-oss, which I did not have before. Then I ran
alsaconf, then alsactl store, rebooted, still no good. Then I just
modprobed snd-sb16 and sound worked again. So I just stuck snd-sb16 in
my etc/modules, and it works!

Everyone just ignore the newbie in the corner over here -- that was
way too obvious once I finally tried it. Thank you very much for your
suggestions.

--
chuk