Re: Pondering a mac mini.

On Thursday 20 January 2005 00:14, Ron Johnson wrote:
> For ultimate number-crunching performance, PowerPC can't be beat,
> since it's just as fast (or faster) than x86, and you can pack
> more in tighter spaces than Xeon and AMD64.

I have once tried to find a cheap ibook secondhand and did some research on
performance of Macs back then, only to find results of benchmarks that
athlons et al outperform Macs of the same age by a factor of 2 to 3 af
numbercrunching.

P.S. one architecture which is unbeatable at it (but I thinked hp killed it)
is the Alpha.

--
Frank Van Damme