Exim4 "Smarthosting" acting up once again!

Exim4 was upgraded a few days ago from Sid.

This is a part of the message I am now getting in the log files:

remote_smtp_smarthost defer (-1): Failed to expand return path
"${if match_domain
{$sender_address_domain}{+local_domains}
{${sender_address_local_part}@dovidhalevi.homelinux.net}${if
match_domain{$sender_address_domain}
{dovidhalevi.homelinux.
net}{${sender_address_local_part}@dovidhalevi.homelinux.net}fail}}": syntax
error in "if" item - "fail" expected

I have been unable to find a script of this form in the few config files that
were actually changed nor by a grep on the whole thing! (The two
smarthost-transport and router ones were not changed!). The 'homelinux.net"
is a dynamic DNS domain which I why I use "smarthost" mode.

Back to "internet" mode till fixed :-)