Re: Can I partition a disk and make it bootable for windows from linux?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 06:44:14PM -0500, Spongebob wrote:
> I have a disks partitioned as follows:
> hdd1 = vfat
> hdd2 = linux swap
> hdd5 = ext2
> hdd6 = vfat

> On hda1 I have my windows root directory. Can I copy this to hdd1 and make
> it bootable?

Sure.  I recommend to use "parted" to copy partitions, it will work when
the sizes of the partitions are different.  Windows won't like it if the
drive letter changes, though.  You might have to remove your other vfat
partition, or hide it perhaps by changing the partition type.

You will need to tell your boot loader about this new windows partition.