Re: When is is appropriate to do a group-reply to the list?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 06:14:40PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
> A message was just posted to debian-devel and the author manually set
> mail-follow-to to debian-legal.  The author noted the changed in his
> message.  I *always* list-reply to messages from lists, and in fact
> have 'g' mapped to list-reply in my lists folder in mutt.
> (G is group reply.)
>
> If I group-reply, it replies to debian-legal.
> If I list-reply, it replies to debian-devel.
>
> How am I supposed to know when to group-reply instead of list-reply?

Apparently mutt's list-reply does not honor the mail-followup-to header.
In the case where mail-followup-to is set to a different subscribed
list, perhaps it should take note of it.  File a wishlist bug if you
think this is important!

I often reply to the person who asked a question and to the list, if I
think they would like to get the answer ASAP; some people check personal
mail more often than list mail.

I always check where mutt proposes to send my mail and edit it manually
if it's not correct.  It would be useful if mutt included all email
addresses that might be relevent to the message in a bogus header which
appeared in the editor, but was removed before sending - this would make
it easier to edit the "To" and "Cc" headers.