Re: Memory profiling tool for CPP apps??

Another possibities I've used:

- memprof, which I've used for quick leak checks,
without need to recompile or relink
- mpatrol, which needs relink/recompile. I've only used it to profile
  memory allocations. The graphs it generates are very useful, but they're
  not very easy to read if they have too many nodes (come out too small
  printed). It can also check leaks, but I haven't done it.
- Compile/link with gcc -fprofile-arcs -pg (add -O2 if you need speed).
  Then you can run the program and then run gprof. It will profile time
  spent in each function. Adding flags -a -g will give more information,
  to show which lines are executed more.

  Regards,

  	  				Victor