Re: Memory profiling tool for CPP apps??

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:38:09 -0800 (PST), Ibrahim Mubarak
<ibmub80@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I also checked valgrind and its frontend alleyoop. But its not of much help either (even with 3
> -v).

I've never used alleyoop, but I've had very good luck with valgrind
(on a codebase of 40+K lines of C++).  I usually run it from the
command line and pipe the output to a file.  For memory leaks, I use:
$ valgrind  --leak-check=yes --leak-resolution=high --num-callers=10
You might have to increase --num-callers, depending on where the leak
is occurring.  I've never really found it necessary to use the verbose
flag.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh