LIRC, Hauppage PVR-350, Debian == DEAD

I just finished building my new HTPC solution - yeay! The one and only remaining problem is getting LIRC to responding to the Hauppage PVR-350's boxed remote control.

After following how-to's from MythTV (and other sources) I now consider myself to be stuck...

"lircd" starts up ok and "/dev/lirc0" (not "/dev/lirc" oddly) exists and seems to have the correct permissions etc, but when I run "irw" to debug it just sits there no matter how many buttons I push on the remote. Yes, I have checked to see that the remote is functional and it is (video cameras sure are a good thing sometimes) and /var/log/messages does show that the remote "on" the card is registered when running "modprobe lirc_i2c"... The basics seem good so I'm suspecting I may have **cked up on the basics since I'm far from an expert on modules and such ;-/

I have added "lirc_i2c" to "/etc/modules" and ivtv's "modconf" file looks like this (note the alias for lirc_i2c):

   alias char-major-81     videodev
   alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
   options ivtv debug=1
   options tuner type=29
   options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
   add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
   alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
   add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

/etc/modules.conf" contains the exact same thing after running "update-modules". I also tried rebooting to no avail.

Is anybody running LIRC along with their PVR-350? I would appreciate any help or hints on this as I am badly lost.

(FYI: it's a manually installed "lirc-0.7.0" running on sarge)

Kind Regards,
Didde