Re: Kppp inactive

On Thursday 20 January 2005 15:47, Kent West wrote:
> handyman wrote:

To set up your the pc box to use kppp in kde for a dailup connection you will
need the edit the file /etc/ppp/options  and replace auth with noauth
You will all so need to add the user that use the dailup connection to the dip
and dialout groups.
As su in a console and use the command adduser

adduser username dip
adduser username dialout

All so if the box as a ethernet card installed you will need to set up the
system for a static ip address for the ethernet card. The static setup needs
no gateway ip and no dns ip addresses. If you miss this setup on the install
just install apt-get install etherconf and configure. If you need to run
etherconf again use the command as su dpkg-reconfigure etherconf

                   all the best peter