Won't install on an ol' Dell?

Hey;
I just got ahold of an old Dell Dimension with a Celeron chip and a 566MHz processor. I can't get anything to install on it (FreeBSD, Woody, Sarge, Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE). Each installation seems to have a problem unrelated to the issue with the other. Has anybody installed Debian on a similar system? Most of the time I get some sort of kernel panic or jibberish, then it reboots.
   Thanx,
   SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"My ISP won't talk to me after lodging a support call for helping gettting ADSL hooked up to a WinXP install running under VMWare under Linux on my XBox."
	'Anonymous Coward,' in a post on slashdot.org

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully commited to him."
	2 Chronicles 16:9a