Re: Generating a list (with urls) of packages needed by apt-get dist-upgrade

Hello

Marco (<brbromo@gmail.com>) wrote:

> At home I got only a 56kbps line (really connecting at 33kbps), a bit
> slow to dist-upgrading...
>
> I would like to
>
> 1. Do "apt-get update" at home
> 2. Generate (at home) a list (with urls) of packages needed for
> "apt-get dist-upgrade"

apt-get --print-uris dist-upgrade | grep deb | cut "-d " -f1

> 3. Use that list to download all (and just) the needed packages at the
> university.

You can use the output of apt-get for that, for example as a list you
feed to wget.

> 4. Put them on a cdrw or usb key.
> 5. Do "apt-get dist-upgrade" with packages from the cdrw or usb key.

Copy them to /var/cache/apt/archives on your system, or tell apt which
cache directory to use (man apt-get or man apt.conf)

There is also an apt offline howto which you should read.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976