Re: [SOLVED] eliminating/reinstalling kde

Alban Browaeys wrote:
 <andreas.sumper <at> nimbus.at> writes:

what I should try next?Create a new user with useradd and loginto your system

by using this account. After that, get all your data from /home/oldlign/*
to your new ~I had this problem too some time ago and this worked
for me...hth,Andy
thanks,

matt

If the problem stayed between reboot , i would tell go with the above.
If not, could you try killing all kde applications, deleting all /tmp/ksocket*
/tmp/kde*, then retry (you could also  move .kde* in hte same run).

this last is what worked for me. I think there was some old info in /tmp/ksochet-username that just had to be deleted, and hey presto, everything works. thanks!

Matt

Alban

--

 .''`.       Matt Price