Re: Debian packages similar to mathematica or mathlab ?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 02:02:31PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
   > On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:40:36PM +0100, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
   > > I think octave is a great tool. I have used it for vectorial electric
   > > calculations. I do not know about symbolic calculus.
   >
   > I've been evaluating symbollic algebra/calculus packages the last couple
   > of days.  Maxima embedded in Texmacs is extremely nice and almost
   > exactly like Maple.  Plus you can use it in a shell or emacs.  It's
   > great.

One of the alternatives, free but not OS, is MuPAD. Get it from
www.mupad.de

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Help stamp out Mickey-Mouse computer interfaces -- Menus are for Restaurants!