From a CRT to a LCD - Do I have to re-do 'X' ?

Hi,

I am thinking of dumping my old CRT and replacing that with a LCD Monitor.

1) Do I need to redo my 'X' config all over again ? or is there a easier way.
I am using Woody 3.0r1.

2) If I have to do #1, then do I leave the existing CRT connected,
redo my xf86config file and right before doing a 'startx', swap the
cable and plug in the new LCD ? Just trying to make sure I don't do
any damage.

- Rathon
Debian 3.0r1(Woody) | ASUS P5P800 Mobo | ATI Mach64 |
Intel P4 3.0GHz Cpu    | 1G DDR Ram                                 |