Re: How to enable emacs-style shortcuts in Gnome?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 02:06:06AM -0500, Ali Alphan Bayazit wrote:
> open configuration editor from system tools.
> under desktop/gnome/interface
> change gtk_key_theme to Emacs

Thanks.  That is some progress.  This helped me to discover that I did
not install metacity and it's themes.  After installing  it, I got the
following message when I tried tot edit the gtk_key_theme:

"Currently pairs and shemas can't be edited.
This will be changed in a later version."

This is on Sid.

I will probably wait for a "later version".

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the
      whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of
      them whose heart is perfect toward him..."
                                   II Chronicles 16:9