Re: vncserver wont start gui

Thank you.

It is pointed in the right direction now but I still can't figure out what to put in the xstartup file to make the gui show up in the vnc viewer.

On Jan 17, 2005, at 4:48 PM, Ali Alphan Bayazit wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

In debian I modify the file /etc/vnc.conf

look for a line like that:
$vncStartup = "$ENV{HOME}/.vnc/xstartup";

make sure it is uncommented and points to right startup file.

good luck,