Re: Pse explain apt-get & security

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:25:03 -0500
John Fleming wrote:

> Sources are sarge - ran apt-get update and got something related to
> security.  Ran upgrade and nothing appears to happen.  Please explain to
>
> this newbie what's happening here and what to expect.  I'm familiar with
> the normal routine of package upgrading, but this caught me offguard
> when nothing appeared to happen after the update was downloaded.

It didn't get a Packages file -- only a Release file.

If that doesn't answer your question, then I have an alternate suggestion
for you:  how about reading the documentation available at www.debian.org
(particularly the pertinent sections of the Debian Reference and the apt
howto), and then asking questions about the parts that you didn't
understand?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)