Re: Secure replacement for FTP (other then SSH)

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 08:07:01PM +0000, Simon Ward wrote:

> Franki wrote:
>
> | The problem with SSH, is that it ends up giving people terminal access
> | as part of the deal, and also that it doesn't give me the ability to
> | lock people into their home directory as does FTP (with something like
> | ProFTP server end.)
>
> For similar reasons I am looking at trying rssh to restrict ssh access
> to only scp or sftp:
> ~    http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/
Hm I donno if the latest sec bugs were fixed in rssh upstream cause for
what I know rssh is no longer in development.
I suggest to use http://www.sublimation.org/scponly maybe with scpjailer
instead.
In general I prefer ftps with Proftpd to solve this problem instead of
building something with sftp.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak