Re: Secure replacement for FTP (other then SSH)

Hi,

On Sunday 16 January 2005 15:29, Franki wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been looking to replace as many un-encrypted connections to my
> boxes as possible, I've replaced pop3 and imap with their ssl equiv..
> and allow only SSH access.
>
> The problem with SSH, is that it ends up giving people terminal access
> [...]

$ apt-cache show scponly
Package: scponly
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 160
Maintainer: Thomas Wana <greuff@debian.org>
Architecture: powerpc
Version: 4.0-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, ssh, passwd
(>= 1:4.0.3-10), debconf
Filename: pool/main/s/scponly/scponly_4.0-1_powerpc.deb
Size: 29406
MD5sum: b15859aca7319c111bbd1f770f6200bf
 "scponly" is an alternative 'shell' (of sorts) for system
 administrators who would like to provide access to remote users to
 both read and write local files without providing any remote
 execution priviledges.  Functionally, it is best described as a
 wrapper to the mostly trusted suite of ssh applications.

Hope that helps :)

regards,
 Holger