[Slightly OT]Browser certificates

My home banking site works with a client certificate.

Under XP I have exported that certificate to Firefox (always under XP) an it works perfectly.

I have now imported the same certificate on my Debian's Firefox but the site fails saying I need a client certificate (which can be perfectly seen in Debian's Firefox).

Same problem with Mozilla and with Epiphany under Linux/Debian.

Can anyone think of a reason ? Strange firewalling requirements for instance ?

TIA,
Bob