Re: Can one create a "Change password on first login"?

El Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 03:35:48PM +0000 Joao Clemente ha dit:

> Does anyone knows of a method to implement a "force user to change
> password on 1rst login" feature, as we can have in win (2k,at least)?
>
> The goal is to create a username/pass for a user in a way that, when it
> first sits on the machine, it if forced to change the passwd.
> A secondary goal was to have a way to, at a certain point in time,
> activate that "mode" for all users in the system, so that everyone would
> be forced to change it's password on next login.
>
> Am already thinking of a way to do this looping "userpasswd" while
> password is not changed, but maybe there is a way to do it without tricks...

you can force it by setting the day of last change to 0:

chage -d 0 <user>

m.

--
        Representation of the world, like the world itself, is
        the work of men; they describe it from their own point

           ( ( ( i ) ) )  http://indymedia.org  ( ( ( i ) ) )
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-keys B9A88F6F           `-