Re: Command Line Completion for Programs?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:43:55PM -0500, cga wrote:
> Wrong... Looks like bash doesn't work this way and only knows the global
> file /etc/profile and that only gets executed when you log in. In other
> words bash knows about ~/.bashrc but knows nothing about /etc/bashrc (or
> in Debian /etc.bash/bashrc).

No, actually bash works the way the INVOCATION section of the man page
says it works, and actually reads its various initialization files in the
order and manner described therein.  Did you think the documentation was a
fantasy?

Oh, wait... you didn't think you should read it.  My mistake.

--
 Marc Wilson |     It's not so hard to lift yourself by your bootstraps
 msw@cox.net |     once you're off the ground.  -- Daniel B. Luten