RE: Command Line Completion for Programs?

Thanks Jon,

You were right, your test revealed that the /etc/bash.bashrc wasn't being
processed.

Once I put this in to my .bashrc it started working:

    # enable programmable completion features (you don't need to enable
    # this, if it's already enabled in /etc/bash.bashrc).
    if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
      . /etc/bash_completion
    fi

Now I just have to figure out why the /etc/bash.bashrc wasn't being
processed.  Perhaps it's due to the presence of the .bashrc in my home
directory?

Thanks again,

Patrick.