How to update thru proxy?

Hi every body,
I want to upgrade my system ( or a package) by using the debian network, but I need to go thru a proxy, is there a possibility to do it. by default the apt-get update tries directly the net.

another question please: I always have "not detected sound card". My card is and old isa ESS. Knoppix of course detects it without problem. after the ( sarge installation ) , the system gave the error "cannot open /dev/dsp ...", the file exists, I gave it the appropriate permission rw for all, but the problem stold.
What is the appropriate command to find  soundcard ??
thank you
best regards
bela