Re: Network interface naming

Jason D. Berg wrote:

I've got one wireless (using prism54 module) and one wired (using 8139too module) network card in my computer. Also, I have a firewire port and the eth1394 module compiled. So each time I boot up my computer, these different network connections get assigned differently. Sometimes, the wireless card is eth0, sometimes it's eth1, sometimes it's eth2. I want it to always be loaded as eth0. How do I do this. I tried adding "alias eth0 prism54" to my modules.conf file, but that didn't really work. Any ideas?

Hello......

Ifrename allow the user to decide what name a network interface will have.
Ifrename can use a variety of selectors to specify how interface names match
the network interfaces on the system, the most common selector is the
interface MAC address.

--
Revenge is a form of nostalgia.