Problematic Sid, Bug reports, etc.

I recently installed the apt bug list module. On any apt install or upgrade,
bug lists are downloaded. If there are any entries, one is given the option
not to continue installing. Since then, I have not succeded in any apt-get
upgrade but gone through groups manually.

Several entries including OpenOffice and gcc!! are listed with grave and
critical bugs (Others threaten to remove stuff I do not want removed but this
is another issue.).

I assume these bugs are for the incoming upgrade (correct me if I am wrong).
If so, why place stuff with "grave" bugs on Sid? Anyway, having the option,
though making upgrades more laborious, keep unstable a bit more stable :-)