Re: Looking for PCI Wireless card with Prism 25/GT chipset

Ooo ... RaLink has released the drivers under the GPL. Well, that settles that :)

Thanks for the link.

-John

Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:00:32 -0800, johnc <johnc909@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi,

So, after trying once again, based on a different chipset guide, I've
bought a Hawking HWP54G card from NewEgg, which supposedly has the Prism
chipset ... according to this chipset list:
http://war.istariconsulting.com/resources/wlan_adapters.html

But alas, it turns out it has the RaLink one.

Anyone know of a good chipset guide / card make that does for sure have
this chipset?

Check http://rt2400.sourceforge.net

I may go for others, e.g. Aironet or Hermes, if my options with Prism
don't look good.

Thanks,
-John