Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 10:42, Anthony Roberts wrote:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
> >I know it is frustrating when your knee deep in mud and trying to
> > get out but the more info you give the better it is for someone to
> > help. I've been there as well so no need to apologize.
> >
> >Now for the question.  Did you find what the problem was _and_ what
> >was the solution?  Just so others might benifit.
>
> I found out what the problem was, and I don't have a solution but I
> do have a workaround. See the message with subject:
>
> "CD burner not working with kernel 2.6 (update, I know what's going
> on)"
[ snip ]

You should never break a thread like that (although it helps a bit that
you here write an "executive summary" about that other thread you've
now started). Continue to follow up to the current thread, and instead
just edit the subj. properly (for example "new subj [WAS old subj]").

Breaking threads and following up with new info, and maybe even the
solution to the problem, makes it much more difficult for others to
search for useful info in the archives (e.g. using groups.google.com).

Best regards,
--
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare