Re: Xserver monitor Setting.....?

* wasaby wasaby <watssaby@yahoo.co.jp> [050112 07:17]:

> Problem I have now is that I am not
> allowed to edit and save the new XF86Config-4.
> Is it because Xwindow is using the file now?

No, it's okay if you edit the file while X is running.  But of course
you need to restart X so changes will take effect.

Are you trying to edit it as root user / superuser?

You can check this with the "id" command.  Output should be simmilar to
the following:
====
root@esgaroth:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
====
Important is the "uid=0(root)".

> Then I should do that via vi or emacs thru
> command line editer?

To change that file, you need to become root first.  You can do this
either by running the "su" command, or by changing to a text console
(press <ctrl>+<alt>+<F1> at the same time) and log in as root.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander