Re: no ipchains with 2.2/no network with 2.4

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:20:20AM +0100, Pierre A. Damas wrote:
> I reinstalled the kernel-image-2.2.20 and ipchains work now.
>
> Now, I still can't ping my two sub-nets.

I am not an expert on ipchains.

I recommend you flush whatever you have done already (ipchains
-F), get rid of "ipmasq", and try "Rusty's Three-Line Guide To
Masquerading" from the IPCHAINS-HOWTO before anything else:

  This assumes that your external interface is called `ppp0'.
  Use ifconfig to find out, and adjust to taste.

       # ipchains -P forward DENY
       # ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
       # echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

If that doesn't work, you have a problem, otherwise you are
making an error in using ipchains.  Then try using "ipmasq" again
(instead).  Then try customising it if you need to.