Re: A list administation query

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 00:23, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2005 11:37 am, Felixk Karpfen wrote:
> > Having lost two mailboxes to the the "Swem-worm flood", I do
> > not willingly post my true address to any public forum.
>
> Munging is considered harmful, get your mail admin to reject viruses the
> right way.
>
> http://www.interhack.net/pubs/munging-harmful
> http://ursine.dyndns.org/Rejecting_Viruses_The_Right_Way

Instead of denying messages I have taken to discarding them.  I do deny what
appears to be spam (just so I have sent a formal message back saying I don't
want it) but viruses I just chuck down a black hole (after TEERGRUBBING the
sender).

I seems to me kinder on the internet not to clog up the system any more than I
really need to, and since, as the first link says, most of the bounce
messages don't go back to the originator
--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk