Re: Debian on an old PC

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:42:58PM +0100, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> It can't boot from cdrom, it has one (4X) but the system doesn't know of
> it untill an OS is loaded (i.e. win98se). I'm forced to install linux with
> floppy disks.

Don't use this piece of crap as a desktop machine.
Use it as -- the world's coolest router!
Download One! OpenBSD floppy, put two network cards on it,
and in 2 minutes have OpenBSD installed.

Edit pf.conf, put it in the corner, and forget about it.
I have done this with an ancient Pentium 90 laptop with
32MB of ram and I haven't had to touch it in a year.