Portsentry Question

I really not sure whats happening with portsentry, before I start the
daemon I use nmap to see the open ports:
And I get only:

22/tcp  open  ssh
25/tcp  open  smtp
80/tcp  open  http
111/tcp open  rpcbind

Then i use nestat too, and I get something like this:

tcp        0      0   *               LISTEN
tcp        0      0    *               LISTEN
tcp        0      0  *               LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN
udp        0      0   *

Which I considered normal, but then I start portsentry, and I use
again nmap the result is that the machine has a lot of open ports.
And then I use netstat and I get the same ports reported by nmap in

Is it normal that portsentry opens a lot of ports ?  The version of
portsentry that I am using is
1.2-5, with sarge.  I have used portsentry with another distro and
this doesnt happen.

Sergio Cuéllar

"Meine Hoffnung soll mich leiten
Durch die Tage ohne Dich