Re: Sound and print problems

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 13:57 -0600, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> OK, I was in a hurry this morning and did something stupid. Debian Sid; I did
> an apt-get upgrade to look at what was available for upgrade. I usually
> answer "No" on continue, but wasn't paying attention and told it to do the
> upgrade. I'm admitting carelessness and falling on the mercy of the court.
>
> That said, after it finished the upgrade, I found myself with two problems.
> First, KDE programs (KMail, KEdit, etc) no longer see my CUPS printers. To
> KDE, it's as if no printers were attached to my computer. Other applications
> (such as OpenOffice) have no problem with the printers at all.
>
> Secondly, I've lost sound (I have  a Soundblaster Live on my computer.)

Maybe the equalizer volume is muted?  That's happened to me before.

> Can anyone suggest a way to get them back?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for
greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that
children have very little time for their parents. Parents have
very little time for each other, and in the home begins the
disruption of peace of the world."
Mother Teresa