Re: sarge dist-upgrade today, no more keyboard

----- Original Message ----- From: "John A Chaves" <chaves@computer.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 11:44 PM
Subject: Re: sarge dist-upgrade today, no more keyboard

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 01:12 am, mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered, search function gets no result...
I have been running sarge flawlessly since May 2004, doing regular apt-get dist-upgrades. Today, dist-upgrade included over 100 MBs of mostly KDE stuff, and others... anyway it finished without errors, when I rebooted, the keyboard doesn't work.
It will work if I boot to recovery mode. It also still works under XP.
I have done dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to no avail.
If you can help I will appeciate it.
Thanks

I had the same problem.  Don't know which Xserver options
cause the problem, but restoring /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers
from /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers.dpkg-old solved it for me.

I just now checked and I don't have the file "Xservers.dpkg-old" in that directory. Are you sure that's where it is? I don't have any way to search for it without a keyboard.
Thanks........