Re: sarge dist-upgrade today, no more keyboard

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 07:45 pm, mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I just now checked and I don't have the file "Xservers.dpkg-old" in that
> directory.
> Are you sure that's where it is? I don't have any way to search for it
> without a keyboard.

I think that you only get the .dpkg-old file if you modified the config file.
In my case I accidentally allowed the new Xservers file to be installed
and so restoring the old one was the first thing I tried.

My original Xservers file had lines of the form

 :0 local /etc/X11/X :0 -dpi 120 -nolisten tcp vt7

and the new one (that had the dead keyboard) was

 :0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp

I'll try to experiment later to try to reproduce the problem
and then file a bug report.