Re: acidlab/php problem

  jbouse> I don't recall having yet seen a BTS entry from you so don't
  jbouse> have any further info to help from.

Thanks to Jeremy's comment above, I have succeeded in getting
'acidlab' to work correctly on sarge/testing!

First I checked out:

and then:

The second entry (#232091) on the above page contains a response from
Steve Langasek which states:

   Please confirm that you have the mysql.so extension *enabled* in
   the php.ini config for whichever PHP SAPI you're using
   (/etc/php4/apache/php.ini or /etc/php4/cgi/php.ini).

This resulted in my changing a portion of the "Dynamic Extensions"
section in /etc/php4/apache/php.ini to contain:

That did it!

So, thanks to Jeremy for heading me in the right direction and Steve
for sharing the solution ...

As I've said before (in similar words):  Debian Rocks!