creating a local mirror

Hi, all --

I would like to create my own mirror for the purpose of installing
(perhaps with an upgrade along the way) Sarge via debootstrap and apt-get
since my DSL connection is a lot more like dialup.

I don't have an infinite amount of space, but I'd be surprised if I
really needed more than 6G-8G or so, which I certainly can do.  But how
to get the contents -- and, more importantly, the right contents?  Is
there a build-a-mirror HOWTO out there?  Is there a list of the packages
and Release files needed for this sort of adventure?  How would any of
you proceed in the same circumstances?

TIA & Happy New Year!

:-D
--