Re: Is there any Open Source Community of Scientists?

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:43:10PM +0500, Nayyar Ahmed wrote:
> Hello All:
> It want to have knowledge about some Open Source
> Community that is involued in developing applications and
> tools to supports various fields of science like Physics, Bio, Chemistry etc.
> As Govt. Of Pakistan have initiated a Govt. Funded Fourm which will
> educate Scientist of various fields about Open Source support in their
> fields.
> Fartunatly I am a member of that fourm as well. So I need that information
> TIA,
> Regards,
> --
> Nayyar Ahmad
> Lecturer
> Faculty Of Computer Science,
> Institute Of Management Sciences,
> Hayat Abad Peshawar , Pakistan.
> Office : 92-091-9217404 , 9217452
> Cell     :  92-0333-9139461
Hi Nayyar,

A source of information which I have used quite extensively is
'Scientific Applications on Linux', with the following links:

The first link was the original one, which, I think, is gone, but the
mirrors should still be operational. If not, just google for it.

Good luck,