Re: usb problem: usb system refuses to recognize hardware

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 01:45, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem. Up to now, I have user digikam to copy pictures
> from a ptp compliant camera to my HD. Somehow, suddenly the usb
> system in this computer won't properly function anymore. All I have
> done is a dist-upgrade with target Sarge recently, this is a system
> that largely runned Sarge with some bits of stable.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on a pure Sarge system after
the latest dist-upgrade.

I used to mount my camera in "normal" mode as /dev/sda1. Now the device
is not recognized by the system (nothing shows up in /var/log/messages)
once I plug in the camera.

I've tried unloading/reloading all USB modules, to no avail.

-A