Re: snd-bt-sco.ko modprobe success?

On Jan 4, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Markus Becker wrote:
Hello,

I have seen your posting to debian-users. Currently I'm trying to get this
running as well on a debian machine, but I have several problems:

1) When doing make in the kernel subdirectory,
/lib/modules/2.6.9-1-686/source is not available. Found this:
But where to link source then? Shall I install kernel-source-2.6.9 and
link source into that?

2) modprobe says:
FATAL: Module snd_bt_sco not found.

Have you solver your problem and can you give me some hints?

Hey Markus!

I managed to build snd-bt-sco.ko - my problem is building snd-hwdep.ko, on which snd-bt-sco.ko depends.

You need your current kernel's source - either from kernel.org or a Debian kernel-source-* package - to build a kernel module.

Kernel modules are built many ways - I used the "Debian" way: I made a rough Debian bluetooth-alsa package (http://cgi.sfu.ca/~jdbates/debian/pool/bluetooth-alsa/). Install bluetooth-alsa-source. From your kernel's source directory, run:

make-kpkg ... --added-modules <"bluetooth-alsa" | path to bluetooth-alsa> ... modules_image

Install the resulting bluetooth-alsa-modules-* package.

I can't make more progress with bluetooth-alsa till I can build snd-hwdep.ko, & I'm still struggling to manually add "CONFIG_SND_HWDEP=m" to my .config (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/178252).

If anyone has suggestions, they'd be very gratefully appreciated!

Thanks!

Jack