Re: names good for marketing

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 08:43:42PM -0800, Seeker5528 wrote:

> I can't spread for Oregon, but in the Tacoma area

I knew somebody was going to bring up Tacoma.
I'll grant you that Tacoma isn't lilly-white.

But a couple points: what kind of stories come on the
6 o'clock news about Tacoma?  Is everything sweetness
and light?

Secondly Pierce county is 80% white with 7% black.
Mecklenburg county is 64% white with 27% black.

So Tacoma gets a pass but it doesn't matter because
they have the same kinds of issues as everywhere with
a diverse population.  I've seen the 6 o'clock news.