Re: different gecko-based browsers?

On Mon 3 January 2005 01:59, David Garamond wrote:
> I found these gecko-based browsers in the repository.
>
>   mozilla-browser
>   mozilla-firefox
>   kazehakase
>   galeon
>   epiphany
>
> Any others that I missed?
>
> I wonder if there's a browser with different/alternative UI. All of
> the above are basically "more of the same". The UIs are similar to
> the traditional Mozilla suite and they both share many of the
> annoyances and the lack of features, e.g.
>
> - when middle-clicking on a non-link area it pops an error "Invalid
> URL" (I misclick often, so that's very annoying)

Good grief, that's one of the best features of *nix-based browsers that
doesn't really exist elsewere - highlight a url-like block of text, say
www.debian.org and then middle-click in the rendering area but not on a
link or text area and the browser will take you there. In some cases,
doing the same thing in the tab bar will open it in a new tab
(Konqueror does this).

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario