Re: How to get Sound to work - Need step by step instructions

|> What would be steps after that ? I understand that I am supposed to
|> install a newer kernal but not sure what to do about getting my sound
|> going.

Once you have a 2.4 or 2.6 kernel installed, run (as root)
alsaconf. This should detect your sound card and do some of the basic
setup. With a bit of luck that might all you need.

Alsaconf is in the alsa-utils package, so if it's not already on your
system:

		    apt-get -u install alsa-utils

I hope this helps,

Jim