Re: cannot open root device "801"

Andrea, Alvin, and Reiner (and the rest of Debian-User):

Thank you for your assistance.  It turns out that there was something
scrod in my source tree.  After multiple attempts (including a "make
mrproper") I finally blew away the source directory and re-extracted
from the tarball.

My builds have since gone without a hitch.  The Sym53C8XX driver loads
properly and my system boots normally.

Of course now I have slightly less hair, what's left is grayer, and my
wife thinks I'm insane for spending so much time on a stupid iPod when I
could have just commandeered her old Win32 laptop that she doesn't use
anymore...

Thanks again.  The endeavor has prompted me to learn more about Grub and
about make-kpkg so it was educational at the least.

--

Eric N. Valor
ericv@cruzio.com

: This Space Intentionally Left Blank :