Re: Can't get hal/udev/hotplug/whatever to mount usb flash card reader

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 13:10 +0100, René Seindal wrote:

> >>Wife Acceptance Factor
> >>
> >>It becomes an important thing to watch when you have managed to convince
> >>your wife to dump windows for linux.
> >

> > Ah.  Fortunately, my wife uses a limited set of programs, so I
> > could easily just make the fiat, "You're new computer will have
> > Linux."  Mozilla browser and Evolution satisfy her.
>
> Mine expects something to happen if she plugs in our camera, and with
> hal and hotplug something happens, so I believe my WAF will soon be on
> the rise :-)

I was pleasantly surprised when I installed g-v-m and hal, and
the next time that I plugged in my camera, a little dialog popped
up telling me there were images.

I had been expecting to move them with gphoto2.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"A peace that depends on fear is nothing but a suppressed war."
Henry Van Dyke