Re: Can't get hal/udev/hotplug/whatever to mount usb flash card reader

Ron Johnson wrote (05-12-2004 11:32):
On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 15:14 +0100, René Seindal wrote:

kernel: usb 1-1: control timeout on ep0in
last message repeated 7 times
kernel: usb 1-1: control timeout on ep0in
hald[10310]: Timed out waiting for hotplug event 486. Rebasing to 487
hald[10310]: Timed out waiting for hotplug event 496. Rebasing to 486

Does it all work with udev removed?  I.e., can you mount a flash
card into a static device?

Yes, I can mount the card reader manually.

I have since discovered that pmount, which is used by gnome-volume-manager, is only executable for the group plugdev. Once I made it executable for all, most hotpluggable devices mounted immediately.

Unfortunately, the error message was not in the syslog, but in the file that captures error messages from GUI programs. Thats why I overlooked an otherwise fairly clear messages.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://linux.seindal.dk/
Seindal Consult